You know how life has its ways of bringing truth to light? Sometimes its a real slap in the face or a "face palm" where you basically slap yourself in the face. Well, I have recently encountered such an experience. Except this realization is still processing, it was not like a sudden revelation. But more of truth in disguise creeping its way to the center of my attention.
You know how, in my previous blog, I had mentioned that "no good guy is interested in me". Remember that? Well even if you were hit with amnesia you could re-read it on my page. However, if you are not suffering from amnesia you must then understand that I was completely wrong in stating that.
In the last two days, or maybe even last two weeks, I've been confronted with a fellow who had once liked me, but because I couldn't see past his outer appearance I didn't like him back. I realize how shallow this is, but recently I've come to know that he's a really sweet guy, who's fun, and nice to hang around, and that I shouldn't have just judged him like that. He is in a relationship though, and they're both so cute together. And it's not like I have feelings for him, but I realized that there was a diamond in the rough.
Due to this lesson, I have challenged myself to see deeper than the physical, and in doing so, I've realized that a lot of "good" guys liked me. But because they weren't also "good-looking" I turned them away.
Lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment