Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eating Life cereal has a way of making you think on things...

Okay so I'm just sitting here finishing up the last trailing pieces that play "catch me if you can" in my bowl of Life cereal. Also getting cereal bits in my hair (don't ask, I have no clue how they got in my hair!), when I had this sudden thought... What happened that made being young such a bad thing?

So, that was my thought. I have no clue why I thought of it, but this entire blog is called "the Random Meg"... I guess it fits. Well, I guess I should elaborate on my thought. Okay, so what happens that made being young such a bad thing. Meaning, why are we, as teenagers, so willing to grow up that the sight of mere innocence makes us uncomfortable? Or the fact that it's "cool" when a 12 year old girl gives herself away? What happened to virtue to modesty? Why are we in such a rush to be older...that we forget how we are damaging out childhood?

Yes, childhood. Our teen years are still counted as our childhood. And why not treat it as such? For example: you know the times when you were younger and you didn't give a flying piece of crap about what others thought about you, because you were gonna be you and no one could stop that? Why not act that way in high school? Or college? Or your entire life? That kind of confidence isn't reserved for your younger younger years. It's for your life, till you die.

Some may disagree with this, but this is not their blog. Is it?

No comments: